Sunday, March 20, 2005

Oooooo... Stephanie at A Realization in Texture, color and movement (see my links), mentioned the idea of holding a BEAD AND STITCH at a local spot in her neighborhood.

There is something just so appealing about that idea!

I'm wondering if we could arrange to have something similar locally. Au Cafe would probably freak.. and they are often rather crowded. The Starbucks won't do, and the new deli has been packed every time I walk in (and STILL "everyone" says that they couldn't open a plain American-style restaurant here because there wouldn't be enough business...humphh). Won Thai..though fabulous food... is always crowded, too.

Probably it would have to be in another city. And I, yet again, would have to travel... sigh.

Speaking of Won Thai. I mentioned before that this is a good thai place. And I was proven right last Friday. Our regional food review had a full page review of this restaurant, and gave it 1 $ for prices (low and reasonable... most entries are $6-10)... and FIVE FORKS! Their highest quality rating in a restaurant. I rarely see them give any place five forks, and usually these are expensive place to eat (Alice Water's Chez Panisse for example.)

No comments: