Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Out of sorts...

I woke up too early this morning, feeling tense and out of sorts. I'm alternating between an urge to cry and a desire to punch something. Hard.

I'm feeling stressed. I'm sure it has to do with the whole moving my MIL into her house (going there to help with the move; getting the loans and paperwork in order, all that STUFF... and so far from home), and my husband's suggestion that we move into that same house when he retire. That's NOT going to happen.

Stress. I need to deal with this.

I need to eat carefully the next few days... resist the temptation for sugars, and MOVE. Walking hard and fast... getting that heart rate up there. Do some serious weight work. And get work done that makes me feel like I've accomplished something worthwhile.

So this morning I walked "around the block".. alone (I was yelling too much at the dogs; a sure sign I needed exercise away). It's 1.5 miles, half downhill/ half up (well, DUH!) and about 1.5 miles long. I completed in 20 minutes. That's (codger, codger, codger)..FAST.

I'm heading at a farmer's market for some good veggies --oh, please have the organic mixed salad greens I love and maybe some ripe tomatoes. A successful find of tomatoes will mean acquiring some fresh mozzarella, I have basil in the garden. Dinner will be planned at the market.

Home to take the dogs to the dog park for a play. It's offleash, and shaded.

Then finish quilting Eucalyptus II and head off for a evening of play in my watercolor class tonight.

No comments: