Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bread Pudding

I got home from grocery shopping Friday morning and was putting everything away when I noticed that a package of bread already in the fridge had a problem. The wrapper had come undone at the back half of the loaf, exposing about 6 slices to the air for who-knows-how-long.

They were all drying out and not appealling. But not moldy or bad.

Never fear.. there are dishes that cry out for dried out bread. One that sprang immediately to mind was Bread Pudding. So after dealing with the new food, I dealt with the old. Cut the dried bread up into cubes, mixed in an oblong pan with raisins, chopped dried apricots and some walnuts (I personally believe almost everything is improved by adding nuts).

Mixed up a eggy-custardy mixture and pour that over the bread. Placed it in a bain marie (that's a water bath in French... see?? when I cook, I suddenly become multi-lingual!!) and baked it off.

After supper I sat down to catch the news with a square of this wonderful conconction and a glass of spiced green tea.

Heaven on a plate.

Yeah, I tried to take to photo, but I can't find my camera.

No comments: