Monday, January 02, 2006

A good start

Keeping in mind that what you do on New Year's Day, you will do all year I tried to have a well=balanced day.

Washed just a couple dishes;
Read 1.5 chapters of a book (Wolves Eat Dogs. I really like Martin Cruz Smith!);
Tried to walk the dogs (it started blowing and raining 10 minutes out);
Quilted for 1.5 hours (the longest activity);
Cooked a simple supper (a take and bake pizza).

I did not eat a perfectly balanced, healthy diet, not get enough exercise, but I'm happy with every else.

Woke up this morning wanting to quilt right away!! And the world is assisting in this because BlogLines is down, so I don't know who has a new blog to read!!

I'm going to a guild meeting this morning. The speaker has been directed to talk about techniques and patterns NOT HER PERSONAL LIFE. I think it's both a hoot and sad that this had to be mentioned to her.

Afterward, I may head out to lunch with a couple friends, and head over to the Sewing Machine Shop to look at cabinets. I've decided I need to be able to put my machine level with the work surface. This will make it a bit easier for me up some production this year!! I know how much minimum space I have, so now it's how much will that grow... and how much it will cost.

Home to watch bowl games (GO OSU!! BEAT NOTRE DAME!!), and work on the quilt under the machine. This piece will have TONS of quilting (1/4" spacing in several directions.. much overlapping, and about 6 colors.) so it will take a while to complete.

No comments: