Sunday, January 29, 2006

Walking and Singing

Took the dogs for a 2.5 mile walk this morning. Before we left, I loaded up my pockets with:
A bottle of water on a shoulderstrap, with a water dish hanging on it;
6 poop bags;
sun visor.
my MP3 player.
my digital camera.
(This is why I cannot imagine living without pockets. Where would I carry all these things if I didn't have 6 pockets in the clothes I was wearing?) And DON'T say a purse. A backpack, maybe..

We landed at our local city's walking path and headed the 1.25 miles up to the swim center. Since I drank all the water (bad mommy!! bad mommy!!), and there was some kind of major activity in the center, I couldn't take the dogs in for a drink. But the workers there know us, and happily filled up the water dish. While the dogs slurped, I talked to our former mayor and our city manager. style="font-style: italic;"> (WalMart..BAD; Trader Joe's GOOD). I'm sure they didn't appreciate it.. but, what the Hey!.. you're a public official standing in public, you're going to get it. And they have been hearing it A LOT. I still suspect we'll be stuck with WalMart.

We got home as it was clouding up. It will start raining tonight.

My playlist really kept me moving (well, that the dogs expect me to move at a 3 mph+ pace). I planned on simply sharing it, but.. what the heck, it's the weekend. So we're gonna play a little game. I'll list a lyric from the song, and you guess the song. Then thank goodness that you weren't on the path listening to me sing while we walked!
  1. What'll you do when you get lonely/And nobody's waiting by your side? (hint we heard Jordis singing this song last summer).
  2. If you wanna hang out you've got to take her out...(same artist as the first song)
  3. They crossed over the border the hours before dawn, moving in lines through the day.(a toughy challenging song, mayhaps).
  4. I want put on my my my my my _______ _________! (things are getting lighter, but still fast).
  5. We'll put out to sea/ And we'll prefect our chemistry...
  6. Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind. It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiney day.
  7. Don't let them fool you or even try to school you, Oh No!
  8. Well, let me tell you about the way she looked, The way she'd act and the color of her hair...
  9. You've got me running and hiding all over town/ you got me sneaking and peeping and running you down...
  10. She's trying to make a devil out of me.
  11. Hey man, I gotta straighten my face/This mellow thighed chick/ Just put my spine out of place!
  12. South of the river you stop and hold everything/A band is blowing dixie double four time/ You fell all right when you hear that music ring.
  13. Laughing and a running hey, hey! Skipping and a jumping/In the misty morning fog withour hearts a thumping and you...
  14. I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes, Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer...

No comments: