Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gray Wednesday.

This is how March has looked here. Sunrise, middle of the day, sunset. Doesn't matter.

I played a bit with the idea I mentioned earlier. At the moment, it's just too vague an idea to get something working. Everything I put on the wall is cluttered and ugly. Filed away for another day with notes in a journal. Its a start that need a lot more thought to work. But I'm certain that I'll come to it eventually.

Then I started researching pieces for the Ricky Tims Microcosms. I have an idea of what to do for this piece, but I don't know if I will get it clearly defined in time. With names like: Fields of Gold, and Tree of Life.. don't you just see a Tuscan countryside? Well, OK.. so Deb B. didn't.. and her piece is spectacular. Me? I see Tuscany in my mind's eye.

If I made this piece for myself, I would make this a grouping with 2 landscape piece and one portrait. And I still may. Unfortunately, that's not acceptable in the rules. So I'm sketching and thinking and simplifying for the size and then deciding if I will do this for Tims or myself.

It stopped raining long enough for me to take the dogs for a walk. They were so primed that we actually started off at a 4.5 MPH jog!! And the appearance of a woman running behind 2 large black dogs does not comfort many people. Especially since I didn't really want to be jogging.. just tried to keep up with dogs' enthusiasm.

It started sprinkling again at the half-way point. Kind of the way the day's gone...

No comments: