Saturday, March 18, 2006

PodCasts for Arts/Crafts

Diane from Going to Pieces extolls the joys of PodCasts today.

She pointed me to Annie Smith's Quilting Stash podcasts, describing these them this way:
Annie has such a pleasant, melodious voice, and sounds like she's smiling the whole time. . . .Her podcasts are like a one-sided telephone conversation with a quilt-obsessed friend. She talks about what she's working on, quilt shows or shops she's visited, books or tools she's found, all sorts of things. She interviews interesting people she encounters along the way, and gives lots of links to websites.
After that ringing endorsement, I decided to follow her directions:
If you have Itunes on your computer you can open the Itunes
Music Store, go to Podcasts, and then search by any key word to find
what podcasts are out there. And, via Itunes, you can subscribe to the
podcasts you like so they're automatically downloaded when new issues
are available. You don't have to go hunting for them.
So I searched.

Alex Anderson has a podcast!! Everyone mourning the lack of new episodes of Sew Many Quilts can get there fix! There are several other quilting podcasts listed at ITunes. I will be spending days checking them out.

Brenda Dayne is podcasting knitting over at Cast On. Knitting News not only podcasts themselves, they list other knitting podcasters just to keep you in the loop.

Jeannie Gist is doing the only crochet podcast. I've found.

Scrapbooking has been in the podcast world by SCRAPcast for months now. Again, they list other scrapping podcasters.

And CraftyPod is:
The homemade podcast that celebrates all things crafty.
Ok. Enough for now. I will be searching out and listening to more these podcasts; hopefully to report on these every month or so. If you find a great arts/craft podcast, please share it with me!! This may be a new obsession!

In the meantime, I think I've found an excuse to buy an IPod. (My current MP3 player just doesn't have the memory to keep current with all of these), and another reason I'm glad I'm attending Day One of BlogHer, so I can learn more what goes into podcasts.

No comments: