Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thinking Like a Blogger

"Scheherazade" from Stay of Execution took time today to write A Few Unsorted Thoughts. I hadn't seen anything from her in a while, but she sucked me in with her first paragraph:
Taking a break from blogging actually shifted the way I hold onto thoughts, so for some reason a lot of the small thoughts that blow into my mind and turn into posts are just blowing right on through right now. I'm not just out of the habit of writing, I'm out of the habit of thinking like a blogger.Hard to explain.

Do we end up thinking differently when we begin to blog?

Are thoughts that can "blow right through without being shared" really necessary to share at all? If so, why?

I think that the thoughts we choose to share with the world make up a pattern that can reveal us more significantly than many other activities; however, that's just my personal observation. So I'm putting this out there for all of you.

What is the value of the thoughts we share with the world?

No comments: