Monday, July 17, 2006

Just BlogMe Baby!!

Ok, so BlogHer is in 12 days. And the story goes that Mocha Momma thinks we should all get to know a little bit about each other before we get there. That's my Reader's Digest version of the short story version that appeared on Friday.

So, at Lisa's suggestion, I am including a part of me... my right eye. Why? So the world can see my completely wimpy eyebrows and maybe someone will take pity on me and show me how to fix them!! Oh.. and the roots? Don't look for them next week... they will be disguised as dark ash blonde.

I am feeling a little like real life in this... so far most the interviewers/interviewees are mommybloggers. And me? Well I have 2 dogs.. does that count? So even in this "inclusive" activity I am an outsider. Sigh. Welcome to my life...

Ok, so I pour myself a fresh cuppa coffee, stare myself warmly but intently in the eye and ask...

When did I start blogging and why? I set up my blog in November, 04, because someone on one of my mailing lists said they would be the new hot thing... a step up from usenet, groups and mailing lists. I wrote the typical 3 posts, then let it drop until someone set up a blogring for all us art quilters. Suddenly there were people reading and writing and into what I liked. Over time, I "sampled" from other people's blogrolls, expanding my reading list, and finding new blog friends. When I have time, I still sample... and look forward to the surprises.

2. Who do I read? Gerrie, Rayna, Pam, Deb, Deb, Deb (there is some name loyalty..) I check out for her junkdrawer posts, though I read less when she's doing all her blog challenge stuff, Melody. I miss Gabrielle...

3. How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life? Are you nervous? Will you have great expectations? What do you home to take away from the BlogHer experience?

I've met several bloggers in real life and truly enjoyed the experience. I fear that I will never keep straight names/faces and blogs, and will spend the next year trying to organize all this. Nervous? more excited, but my introvert personality means a little nervous. Expectations? I expect to be completely overwhelmed and lost in the crowd. I hope to take home a clearer idea of what I want to do going forward in my blogs.

4. Are you and your blogging persona the same person? Completely. I have never been able to create a persona other the one I wake up with every morning. Even when I played D&D!! I am completely transparent in my blog. Or I'm lying to myself...

5. How do you party? I will the one on the edge of the room, or sitting outside in the hall looking for a little bit of quiet and calm. Privately, I wish I were the life of the party.. but I'm not.

6. What shoes will you be wearing? Shoes? I live in Keen sandals. Though I'll probably pack those wasabi keds that were my avatar for a while.

Who ya gonna tag and how will you decide? Ok, I'm scrolling through the blogroll for those attendees who may be overlooked...I'm tagging Jill who writes about her dog Honey, Pam (if you aren't reading Beancounters.. why the hell not??), Elizabeth, Leslie, Erica, Karl because he responded to a post of mine on BlogHer.

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: