Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My notes say this piece is Paul Klee's Tunisian Garden.

I am constantly intrigued by the way his paintings look like quilts. Simple shapes, repeated in differing scale, and a variety of colors. Sometimes sharp lines, sometimes blending from one to the next.

This piece has been in my photo inspiration file for ages, so I'm dragging it out to use. Yeah, I could collage together a piece with similar shapes just to get myself back to work, but I'm going to try and limit myself to only using the color pallete. Then construct a collage using some of the graphic sketches I've been working on to both paint on top and use as appliques.

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions where I've blogged about Cute Shoes, Lemon Chicken and Katy's full recovery.


No comments: