Monday, January 15, 2007

The Dinner Party Revisited

Karoda pointed out some holes in my dinner party post, to which I apply this disclaimer:

I was drugs! (vicoden to be specific). I thought I answered all the questions, but maybe I just fell asleep.

I'll go back and edit this in before I link to the CAC site, but for those who've already read the whole post, here are the missing links:

6. Guest six must be someone from any field who you believe is/was underrated and under-appreciated by most people, but whom you admire. Who would you invite?

This answer will throw off the female/male mix of party, but I'm sure everyone can adapt. I would invite an artist that many haven't heard of: Ruth Asawa. Visit her website and read the quote that begins Arts Activism. It says it all. But imagine an artist who's work is created with paper, crocheted wire or flour clay!
That bonus last minute questions? It goes to my first guest: Thomas Jefferson.

To him I ask:
Today many US citizens view this country as one built and based upon Christian beliefs; there is a growing inclination to use conservative (bible-interpreted) views as a basis of making civil law. There is a strong belief that this is what you intended (ignoring the evidence that demonstrate that you were a humanist before the term was coined).

If you could write an addendum to the Constitution to clarify the role of Christianity or any religious belief as it pertains to government, what would you write?
I'm pretty much off the pain pills now (down to ibuprofen) and walking around pretty well. So today I'm going to spend some time sewing!

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: