Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mighty, Wet Dragon...

Because it's time for Chinese New Year's...

First, I was remembering how I used to celebrate CNY. There were restaurants around us that would offer whole banquets; the more folks, the more dishes (up to about 12 people in a group). So we would gather a great group (maybe 15 or so...), make reservations for a weekend night and go have a huge party. They might serve us up to 20 different dishes!! We'd eat for hours, laugh and share and come away richer in mind, spirit and friendship.

I don't have folks to plan this kind of celebration anymore. Heck, we don't even have enough common friends to do a "kung-fu movie and Chinese Take Out" night. Sigh. Oh yeah, that movie and take out thing is a great party too.

While we're talking CNT, I thought I'd share a little about me in the Chinese zodiac. This is the year of the Pig/Boar. Little known fact: my maiden name (no, I'm not telling) is the German word for Boar.

But I am not a boar.

I am Dragon. Let me warm you (scare you?) with my fiery breath!!

According to the Chinese Zodiac Page, things are interesting for the dragon. I won't share the whole thing with you.. but there are some key points:
Personality

The Dragon is the mightiest of the signs. Dragons symbolize such character traits as dominance and ambition. Dragons prefer to live by their own rules and if left on their own, are usually successful.

While Dragons frequently help others, rarely will they ask for help. (Oh... this explains that!!!) Others are attracted to Dragons, especially their colorful personalities, but deep down, Dragons prefer to be alone. (First, I don't have a colorful personality... but, yep I prefer spend large chunks of time alone!)

Considering their hard-working nature, Dragons are healthy overall. They do get stressed and suffer from periodic tension/headaches, likely because they take so many risks. Dragons could benefit from incorporating mild activity into their lives. Yoga or walking would be good as these activities can work both their minds and their bodies.

Ok.. since when do I take risks?? This isn't me. Or if it is, I don't recognize the behaviour as risk-taking. OOHHH... maybe that's the point? Anyway, I enrolled in the church of walking as moving meditation decades ago.. so I guess this was a good decision.

Now each Sign also has an Element.. and mine (not surprisingly) is WATER! As my "regular" zodiac sign is also a water element (Cancer)! Guess when it comes to the stars, I'm all wet!

Water Dragons
Water calms the Dragon’s fire. Water Dragons are able to see things from other points of view. They don’t have the need to always be right. Their decisions, if well-researched, are usually better since they allow other’s to become involved.

Compatibility Dragons are compatible with the Monkey or Rat and incompatible with the Ox and Goat.

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: