Friday, February 23, 2007

Spending Time with James Lipton

When I watch interview tv shows (Dave Letterman, Oprah, NOT Maury etc.) I always imagine that I have done some stunning thing that would result in my being there. And being brilliant, witty and oh-so charming! (hey it my fantasy... I can't be witty, why am I there??) I imagine going out for drinks with the other guests after the show. And maybe dancing. Who knows??

Anyway I'm assuming that everyone spends part of their life in a similar little fantasy, and so I was THRILLED when Swampgrrl posted the latest Getting To Know You questions on CAC. She decided to the use Bernard Pivot's questions with which James Lipton closes every interview portion of Inside The Actor's Studio! Know that in my head, James is asking these to me after flipping through about 4" of index cards with completely forgotten details of my life. (It's Forrest Elementary.. not Forest, James!!) I get to answer them, and I don't even have to emote!!

1. What is your favorite word? Giggle. It's such a bubbly, great word!

2. What is your least favorite word? Whatever! Ya know when people respond to you with that with word. It's so rude and dismissive. It hurts my heart whenever I hear it.

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively: line, texture and color. Spiritually: Pure emotions in other. Emotionally? I'm not sure.

4. What turns you off? Nasty words or inconsiderate actions.

5. What is your favorite curse word? Shit. Thanks, Mom.. you taught me well.

6. What sound or noise do you love? A soft breeze blowing.

7. What sound or noise do you hate? Crashing noises.. cars, weights, whatever.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Editor.

9. What profession would you not like to do? Waitress. Or Honey-dipper.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

That'll do, Deb. That'll do. (name the pop-culture reference).

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions

No comments: