Wednesday, March 21, 2007

CAC: You, Me and Creativity


Photo: Bye, Bye Jeans. These have gotten too big on my (I have gotten too small for them?), so they are on their way out the door. If I were to continue to wear them, I'd have to have fantastic undies.. they keep sliding down way too low. OMG...I'd be following a fad! Would those undies HAVE to be thongs?

On to more dignified things:

It's "Getting To Know You" Time again at CAC. I haven't done it for a couple weeks because I found the questions hard to deal with. Whatever. This month is hosted by Jana, and they look quite "do-able".

Let's get started!

YOU choose what to tell me:

List 3 random facts about you, that we will be entertained by:

  1. I usually find it easy to program electronics (vcrs, dvrs, clocks, etc.). Often can do it without the manual.
  2. My first car was haunted. The ghost stayed in the back seat and always appreciated when I'd offer it some of my late-night drive through food. Never ate anything, though, that I could tell.
  3. If I am activiely listening to something (a movie, a baseball game) while stitching (knitting, sewing), and I later need to undo the stitching, as I undo it, I can "hear" whatever I was listening to while I made it.

List 2 things about you, that are important for us to know:

  1. I am blind as a bat without my glasses. (out 7 diopters).
  2. I am a bit of a klutz (but getting better??).

ME! My turn to ask questions!

1. Do you like board games? What are some favorites?

I LOVE board games!! But I don't have anyone to play them with. My favorite games are Clue, Monopoly and Scrabble. LIFE and Risk (is that the conquer the world game?) Not so much. Does someone wish to organize a board game night?? Please??

2. What are your non-artistic hobbies?

Walking, gardening, watching baseball games. I'd love to travel more.

Do you collect anything?

Not anymore. I used to collect boxes and useful items shaped like pigs. As a child, I collected Japanese dolls. I'd like to collect more raku pottery.

And now, our Creativity:

What types of art do you enjoy creating the most?

While most people know me as a fiber artist, at the moment I'm spending more time taking photographs. I will come back to fiber, probably using the photography as an element.

Do you have a type of art that you've always wanted to try, but never done?

I really would love to learn how to draw. And I want to take a class in silk screening. There are times when I think I'd like to take a dance class, but I'd never feel right trying to express myself in dance.

Do you have any art "how to" sites that you would recommend to us? What are they?

Yes, I have lots, but I'll share only a few:
The Artist's Toolkit
Art, Design and Visual Thinking
The Stitch Index from the Embroiderer's Guild.
The NGA Art Zone

Check out my other blog: Deb's Daily Distractions where something interesting happened at the gym.

No comments: