Saturday, October 27, 2007

Blog Birthday: Be Brave

I began this blog three years ago today with a simple quote:
Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.
Cecil Beaton
Looking back, it is interesting:
  • I couldn't add blockquotes;
  • I couldn't upload photos;
  • I couldn't add links to the post;
  • I couldn't customize my template;
  • I didn't expand much on the quote as it applies to me.
  • I couldn't imagine anybody reading this.

Most of what I've done and become in these last 3 years are in large part because of starting this blog, though. And this quote from Cecil Beaton applies more to me today than it did then.

I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: