Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Put Your Money Where It Does Good

I'm an admitted Twitter addict. Those of us of who work in isolation seek it out for the "companionship" that others get in inner-office conversations, in lunches with the ladies, in some real-world interactions that we're missing.

On twitter, I keep on track with projects (GSD [Getting Sh*t Done] races during the day with others are fun), I share my healthy dinners.. and get lots of requests to become someone's live-in cook/room mate. We share good and bad moments.

As you might have read, one Twit-head, Andrew Baron of Rocketboom, is auctioning off his twitter accound including his followers. Silly idea, really. And I'm not getting into all that. If you're interested in a discussion/wrap up go read Virginia DeBolt's piece on BlogHer: Reputation, Friends, Follwers: What's It Worth In Dollars and Cents?

Note a big part of that article points to Odd Times Signatures, Karoli who points out what could be done with the money bid so far on this Twitter account. She used as her guidepost the BlogHer's Global Giving campaign to Save Women's Lives Around the World. I have the same widget over on my sidebar.

So here's the deal: I am going to place a post to this link up on Twitter and invite my followers to come here, click on that widget and give a little something. Those who regularly read my blog, you can show me some love, too.

I'm not asking for a lot. Can you spare $10 to run a Women's and Children's clinic in Nepal for 2 days? Would you ratherspare $15 to feed 50 girls lunch in poor west Africa? That's all I'll ask from you.

Or choose one of the other initiatives. Give what you can. I'd like to see that "Total Given" number grow to $1800 by tomorrow this time. Come On! Show a little love; I love you all back.


I also blog at: Deb's Daily Distractions and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.

No comments: